Translate

Tuesday 21 February 2017

Theme-tas-stitch February Finish Focus

Theme-tas-stitch
Theme-tas-stitch is hosted by Kerry

The cousin to Theme-a-licious, one of my favourite themed SALs and the birthplace of the stitching shoehorn!  Each month Kerry will be setting us a theme to fit our stitching into and then we link up on the 21st of each month.  Because there's a lot going on at the end of the month already!

Focus Finish February - 
Is there a WIP in your stash that you would love to get finished - then focus on a finish in February!
My current rotation is to stitch on my four monthly SALs and then focus on one project for the rest of the month with a view to making some major progress on some of my BAPs.  This month it was the turn of my Chatelaine.  A new start on Gardens of London.  Highly unlikely to see a finish there!   But here is my progress so far:

Day 1

to

Day 10 
stitched on 32 count Belfast Linen in Cotton Clouds by Crafty Kitten

I'm using a combination of the recommended DMC, some of the speciality threads (just started the Dinky Dyes silk) and my own conversion.  I've got a Jodyri thread lined up next.

This is absolutely going to be a long term project, we're looking at years rather than months but it's been a long time ambition so I'll just enjoy the journey.

I have also been looking at some Finish-Finishing this month.  So far we have a framed finish with a fabric border:

Just Nan - Counting Bats

A hand painted box frame:
Nora Corbett - Little Snowy Gray Cottage

A simple wooden frame from a charity shop:
The Workbasket - Fox Forest

A low-sew cube:
Amint Kipatten - Tiny Heart

and some scrapbook pages for my Hallowe'en scrapbook:
Witchy Stitches - Witchy Brew
and
Lizzie*Kate - Sampling Hallowe'en 

I keep my scrapbook finishes quite simple and I've left room for an additional pattern to be added on each page.  I am quite pleased with the variety of finishing styles I have used this month.  It was a deliberate decision so I would have something to show for this post!  Thank you Kerry for the incentive.

Finally, I've been ten-a-daying now for over 50 days which means I have over 500 stitches on my project piece:

Just Nan  - Spring in the Square
520 stitches.



25 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely stitching Jo, I'm amazed at how much you do !!

Rhona said...

Gosh...you have been busy! So many lovely pieces.

Kerryp77 said...

Thanks for joining in Jo, you've made a fantastic start to the chatelaine. Great FFO's too. The just nan piece is really starting to take shape too

Linda said...

Congrats on all of the awesome finishes Jo. Your ten-a-day project looks great. I am so going to enjoy playing catch up on my projects starting in May.

Linda

Vickie said...

Gardens of London colors are so great Jo!

Mary said...

Very beautiful WIPS and all of your FFO's are wonderful.

Danielle said...

Jo, this is Danielle, Stitcherista!! I received your letter today. I loved it!! Nice to know I have an influence on the younger generation with saying "nope." LOL. Great start to your Chatelaine!!!!

deb said...

Love the fabric you picked for your Chatelaine project (oh dear, am i repeating myself?) - makes me think of sunny days and clouds with angels perched on them. Such a lovely start there. And all your other stitching - wow. Thoroughly enjoying watching the 10-a-day JN grow. :)

Tiffstitch said...

Lovely to see these again and nice work on the scrapbook pages. It's a really great way to showcase your stitching.

Barb said...

You always have so many wonderful things to share!

Brigitte said...

This themed monthly SAL is a gorgeous idea and it's great that Kerry revived it. I will join you all after June when I will have more regular stitching time.
So many FFOs, Jo, just fit in perfectly with this month's theme. Great that you also added your scrapbook pages. I know you have a blog page but I often forget to have a look at it.

Christine said...

Wonderful finishes Jo and the Chateleine is looking fabulous

Katie said...

Beautiful finishes and gorgeous WIPs. Thanks for sharing.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great work on your Chatelaine - I don't want the month to end yo we can see more and more progress here! Great job with all the finishing too, and wow, it's hard to imagine that's already 500 stitches on Spring in the Square, it still looks so tiny!

Melinda Forbes said...

I am so looking forward to watching your Chatelaine. They are so beautiful. I love the Tiny Heart. It is so beautiful. I love the Monthly Themes and am looking forward to March

geeky Heather said...

Very nice!! You are always so productive!

Sheryl said...

Lots of stitching going on Jo, I like the little snowy grey cottage and the pretty heart. Interesting fabric for the Chatelaine piece.

Julie said...

A great selection of finishes, you have some wonderful ideas for the scrapbook pages.

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

I am looking forward to seeing your Chatelaine develop,they are beautiful designs.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Gorgeous finish-finishes and great progress on your Chatelaine!

beadgirl said...

The scrapbook finish is an excellent idea. That would be a good way to display all the random little stitchings I've done over the years.

Kaisievic said...

I always love your scrapbook finishes and I must admit I sometimes think that I should start doing some of my finishes that way but then I am hesitant to start collecting materials for a new craft! I have so much other stuff already.

Astrids dragon said...

You are the energizer bunny in stitching - you keep going and going! Everything looks wonderful! You know I love your Halloween stitches the best!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Lovely finishes, Jo. I've not thought of presenting small finishes in a scrapbook. It's a great idea if you have a theme as you do.

Heather said...

Beautiful finishes and progress :). I love counting bats it turned out great!