Translate

Sunday 23 September 2012

Dark Alphabet Framed!

OK, so the title gives it away so I won't ask you to guess what I picked up from the framers this weekend!  Yes, it's Dark Alphabet.


I was a little limited in my choice of frames as I wanted a carved dark wood which aren't "in fashion" round here right now.  The nicest one in the catalogue was no longer available.  Alot of the plain dark woods have a gold band round the inside which I didn't want either so the framer lady found this one.  There is gold/bronze in it but not a bright gold and it goes really well with the brown in the border.


For new followers and those with bad memories here's a link to The Danse Macabre post where I celebrated finishing this piece.  And here's a link to Julie and Becky's Note of Friendship blog where you can find the charts for free.  And lots of other lovely free things too.  And some lovely things you can buy.

I also stitched a little card for Kell of Kincavel Krosses as part of the Needlecraft Haven Birthday Exchange.  Most of the ladies are getting the WOCS Flower of the Month cards but I stitched September for Linda so wanted something different for Kell.  Of course I could have stitched one of her own designs but that would be strange!  I saw this saying on a greetings card and it made me smile.  I knew I had a 70's Disco font in an old Cross Stitcher so I was sorted.


The lettering is all backstitched then coloured in with my felt tip pens (again!) as is the card.  Kell has opened it already and really likes it.

I also framed the final of the Just Nan Four Seasons - Autumn Haze:


This was completed some years ago but only framed this week!  It replaces the Summer Sampler on my wall.  And also on my FB profile!

Finally, how are you all getting on with the new Dashboard?  I tried it once before, hated it and changed back but they must have made some changes after getting feedback because it's alot better now.  Not as good as the old one but better than the first new version!  The word verifier glitch is fixed too and I can comment on those blogs again.  Hurrah!






31 comments:

CalamityJr said...

Your framed pieces look great; the Dark Alphabet belongs in the one you found for it. I love the retro card; how perfect for some of us!

CalamityJr said...

P.S. Will you some time explain to us how you color on fabric and what you use, please???

Erica said...

Congrats on some great finishes! I love Dark Alphabet! So cute!

Rachel said...

All three are awesome!I am in love with the dark alphabet...What size did the stitching end up being? LOVE the personalization too.

cucki said...

congratulations on the sweet finishes..i really love the alphabet so much..super cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeee
well done
big hugs xx

Karen said...

Dark alphabet is sooo beautiful. Perfect in that frame. You worked so hard on that piece, and it deserves the lovely frame!

Congratulations!

Sara said...

You're framed pictures are gorgeous... I love the frame on dark alphabet... and great birthday card :D

Anne said...

Looove the frame you chose for Dark Alphabet Jo!! It makes it pop! Just Nan's Four seasons is lovely too :D

Deb said...

That piece is great and I think that the sampler matches the border very well and looks great with it.

And Autumn Haze looks wonderful too - although maybe a bit complicated?

Julie said...

Jo, that frame is gorgeous for the DA! It sets off your beautiful stitching and the personalization you brought to the piece. Love it!

JUlie

gracie said...

It looks splendid!

Topcho said...

Ooh, can I use "absolutely delicious" to describe a cross stitch piece, because when I saw the framed DA I needed a drool bucket. It looks gorgeous with the frame!
Autumn haze is a beauty as well, and as for the Retro card - so cute and so true!

Giovanna said...

Looove the Dark Alphabet in its frame - oh my, how I want to stitch this now....

Unknown said...

Dark Alphabet looks fabulous in that frame - good choice. Well done on getting the Autumn sampler framed too.

Mouse said...

oooo love that frame and love your signature square :)
have used the new blogger for ages and ages and like it :)
love the card and your just nan piece too :)
love mouse xxxxx

Kaisievic said...

Dark Alphabet - Wow! Wow! Wow! I loved following your progress on this piece. It is fantastic!

Unknown said...

That frame really works for your Dark Alphabet! Your band sampler is gorgeous! Cute card as well.

Christine said...

Dark alphabet looks wonderful framed up, and I love Kell's funky disco card
I must have gone over to the new blogger on beta as mine changed quite a while ago but hasn't changed now with everyone else. Seems OK to me

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

dark alphabet looks great - very unique piece and love the just nan as well - very pretty

Unknown said...

Dark Alphabet is GREAT!!!
i just love the frame around it,it really is perfect for this piece.
The other two works are looking lovely too.

Hugs Yvon.

Annie said...

What a fabulous framing job on the Dark Alphabet. It looks magnificent. Love that band sampler too. You have some great things to look at on your walls now!

Unknown said...

Jo can you send me your snail mail address to s4r4hm00@btinternet.com so I can send your prize xxxx

Anonymous said...

look at all these pieces!! wonderful!!

my best friends says we won't get old, we'll get vintage.. ;)

thank you for the SAL Directlry, it's most useful (and if you're wondering how I got out of that no-comment-allowed-policy.. I switched browser! commenting via Firefox is a breeze ;))

Marilyn said...

Oh, that looks so cool!
the frame is nice.
Great job Jo.
Marilyn

Lynn said...

Dark Alphabet is an amazing finish!! It looks fantastic framed.
Love the band sampler too. So pretty!

The Merry Stitcher said...

Love the carved look of the frame, it looks beautiful. I dont know how you do your stitching so fast :)

Joysze said...

Dark Sampler looks amazing!!! :D

Retro... haha, unfortunately, I'm just old..... siiiiigh. ROFL!!!!

Autumn looks great all framed up too. Is Winter? :)

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Stunning framed! I think the.bronze makes.it stand out. really dark :D love the card too.

rosey175 said...

Everything looks so lovely! You gave me something new to worry about with frames; "in fashion" doesn't matter to me one little bit but if that means they won't carry it...... Eek!

The card is so cheerful! I thought the letters were cross stitched, not colored in! You're amazing! :D

As for the new dashboard, I suppose I've been using it since I started on blogger. They had just rolled it out so I thought I'd better stick with it to get used to it, but I agree, the old one was better -- especially for the settings!

The Crafty Princess said...

Wow Jo looks spookily good!! The frame is perfect. How exciting to get projects completely completely finished. Congrats on both amazing project completions. xoxo

Julie said...

Oh wow, dark alphabet looks stunning.