Translate

Tuesday 3 July 2012

July WIPocalypse

Here's the round-up for the progress since the last Full Moon.

Part 1 - My 12 in '12


8. Turquoise Baby Sampler - Stitched several more letters, O, P, Q, T and U.






11. Papillon Around the World in 80 Stitches.  Started Part 2, stitched the top tulip.  Added the metallics to the hearts.





Part 2 - Just Nan-a-thon


Nothing at all for Nan this month.   But I did frame Summer and got it up on the wall.  This was actually completed all except a dozen beads about 10 years ago!

Part 3 - Theme-a-licious: Jumanji June (birds and animals)


I stitched on two different Round Robins and did some guinea-pig stitching for an online friend.

Other news:
Regular readers will know I join in with the Needlecraft Haven Freebie Challenge each month.  Christine chooses a chart for us all to stitch.  June's choice was a rose in an unusual style.  The original was nice but I thought of a conversation I'd had with Karen where we'd been planning our Giant Mirabilia RR for 2013.  I wanted each person to stitch their birth month fairy but it turned out that three out of four of us were September!  So I said we should each stitch her but in different colours for an Andy Warhol effect.

Anyway, I thought this would be the perfect design for that treatment.  So here it is, for my 15 Minutes of Fame - Rose a la Warhol:


I stitched this on 16 count aida, hand-coloured with my trusty fabric pens.  I chose some vibrant colours and went for it!  That yellow is actually fluorescent.  Here's the link for the original design by Marie-Thérèse Saint-Aubin.

Finally, the obligatory Summer Postcard Blog Hop mention.  LOL.  Click the Sunset picture to the right of my blog to find out more.

13 comments:

Christine said...

It looks great Jo, I'll get around to putting it in the album soon, honest

Rebekah said...

I LOVE your roses! What a cool idea!

EvalinaMaria said...

Absolutely lovely!
I have tag you on my blog.

Evalina, This and that...

Julie said...

Wow! Your challenge piece is stunning, fab idea.
PAP sal is growing nicely.

Giovanna said...

Love the Warhol-styled pansy! And the WIPs are gorgeous too.

Susan said...

Great progress! Love the roses! You're ideas never cease to amaze me!

Unknown said...

Love your roses - great progress

Unknown said...

Love your roses - great progress

Angi said...

What a cute Andy Warhol-esque design!!! Great finishes!!!

The Crafty Princess said...

I love how all your projects are so different from one to the next. Keeps it interesting for you as the stitcher and for your readers. Love the blues in the baby sampler, the Papillon looks beautiful but really hard to do. I had to chuckle at the completed 10 years ago except for a dozen beads...LOL why do we do this??? As for the ode to Warhol what can I say it's as original as you and just perfect. Brilliant Wipocalypse update Jo!!

robindefender said...

Lots of cute stuff. Doesn't it feel great to get something you finished so long ago into a frame? (I've been doing a lot of that this past month) Great progress!

Anne said...

Oooh! Those Andy Warhol Violets are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Seriously!!! You should work on a massive piece and frame it in black!! I love your ideas Jo!! WEll done on your WIP\'s too!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

great stitching :)