Translate

Tuesday 21 February 2012

TUSAL and TUPOST - Blogger won't let me post any writing other than the title of this post. I can't add pictures either. How frustrating is that? Hopefully it will come back soon. Happy Stitching Jo who has the longest post title ever!

Thursday 23rd February 18.40 - after 2 solid days of trying to post:

Hooray it's working!!

Here is my TUSAL photo:

TUSAL is posing with Madame Muriel, my page-every-other-day calendar and my framed Periphaeria Star SAL.

I used a nice big frame to show off the lovely Sparklies' fabric.  It is Purpleberry Spludge and the design is stitched over 1 on 28 count.  The frame was a dirt-cheap raw pine one which I coloured with my purple felt tip pen.

Here's another picture to show the purple of the frame (I've had to tweak the brightness to show the frame colour:



And here's a close-up of the bottom part:



It's funny how the density of the stitches affects the colour.  All the purple is the same skein of DMC 333 but where there is a single line of stitches it looks much paler than where there is solid stitching.  I've only noticed this effect on this piece of work.

15 comments:

♥ Nia said...

=( sorry sweetie! I hope everything will be working soon!!

Joysze said...

DOH!!! I do like your title though. :D

Shebafudge said...

Blogger strikes again! Hope you get it sorted soon.

Julie said...

Grrrr......

Rhona said...

Yup, that title should be in the Guiness Book of World records! lol

Kaisievic said...

Gorgeous! Glad that blogger decided to behave itself after all.

hugs, Kaye xoxox

Susan said...

Glad your blogger issues settled. Your frame is perfect - who would have thought you'd get the perfect color from a marker?

Jan Gartlan said...

So pretty!

TammyK said...

Love the purple :-)

Anne said...

Oh Jo! I'm glad blogger got it's act together for you. Lovely framed piece!!!

Siobhán said...

Your framing is wonderful! I'm glad blogger sorted itself out.

Mouse said...

ooooo just catching up and coooooo it looks gorgeous framed up ... I'm working on this fabric atm and can't get the colour to show up on the camera photos soo had to scan it ... what setting you used ???? love mouse xxxxx

Joysze said...

Oooooh. Looks great, Jo. Love the yellow and purple combo. :D

Ewa said...

haha awesome title! Glad Blogger sorted itself out. I've actually noticed that effect. Depending on what colors are around and make up the completed piece, a thread that looked pink when it was on its own starts to look orange! It's crazy!

Sally said...

I found you looking for help as blogger will no longer let me post pics. Can you help? I'd sure appreciate it! Lovely blog you have!