Translate

Friday 29 September 2017

September Small SAL

Stitching Lotus Ornament SAL

The Smalls SAL is hosted by Stitching Lotus

This year I will be showing my Hallowe'en and Christmas SAL partworks and any other Smalls I may stitch.

Regular followers will know that I completed the design I have been stitching all year for the Hallowe'en SAL and here it is framed:

Hallowe'en Happiness by Sandra Cozzolino for Imaginating

I stitched another block on 12 Days of Christmas by Joan Elliott:


I completed another Just Nan small for the 30-a-day challenge:

Lacy Diamond

And have finished the cross stitching for another, Holly Knot.  Just some beads to add and then the finishing:

The fabric is lavender not grey.

I completed a small design for the new Zodiac SAL but I won't be showing that until the first Zodiac Club post on Saturday 7th October.  Instead I will show you my progress on the second Zodiac themed project I have:

stitched on 28 count black evenweave

This is Virgo by Satsuma Street.  I am starting with Virgo because (a) it's my star sign and (b) she hasn't released Libra next!   The plan is to stitch Virgo (me), Libra (Hubby and the Large Boy) and Aquarius (the Small Boy) over the course of the year.  After that I will probably go for Scorpio, Pisces, Taurus and Leo (Mum, MIL, my brother, my sister) and then the rest of them.

Her skin is pale blue, not white and she will have hair!  I'm converting it to dark brown instead of blonde.  I'm going to stitch on her for one more day and then start on the Hallowe'en excitement!


Finally, if you're wondering what the Zodiac Club is, it's the replacement for The Alphabet Club.  You can choose a design like I have with small versions of each sign, or a larger design with all the signs or just the individual signs for you and your family.  But here's the really good part - you don't even need to stitch a Zodiac design to join in.

I'll be starting with Libra for my first post; Libra is an Air sign represented by the Scales.  So you could share something related to Air, or balance, justice, weight, anything that says "scales" to you.  You could even shoe-horn a mermaid or fish in there!  You can look up the birthstone or flower for Libra and show that.  You can show a current piece, a WIP or an older finish.  If you have a Libran in your family you could show something that relates to them.

I'll be posting the first Linky on Saturday 7th October, which serendipitously is my Grandad's Birthday!  The first in a long line of Librans in my family.  Please join in, it's always more fun stitching with friends!  You don't have to post on the 7th, but that is where you'll find the Linky for the whole month.

16 comments:

Michele Stravato said...

Great stitching. I LOVE the Hallowe'en

Linda said...

Congrats on the gorgeous finishes Jo.

Linda

Katie said...

Love all your beautiful stitching. Keep it up!

RJ said...

Love all of your stitches. You always amaze me how many projects you have going.
RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Barb said...

It is going to be fun seeing the zodiac grow! I just have too much in my to do pile right now. You are making great progress on all your stitching!

Brigitte said...

Lots of great smalls stitching. And you are already stitching on the signs of the zodiac. After a lot of thinking about joining it and after having a look at all the projects that are kitted up and just sit to be started I decided against it. But I will always have a look at what all the participants are up to.

Desiree Ehleiter said...

Love Halloween!! And all of your stitching!

Mary said...

I'm always amazed at all that you accomplish. I'm still drooling over the Halloween stitch. It's lovely framed. Mary
PS. I bought the 12 days of Christmas by John Julius Norwich and I loved it!! So clever and how did I never hear of this before??

Lili said...

Holly Knot is very pretty!
Lovely new start on the Zodiac SAL!

Mary said...

Very pretty finishes.

Julie said...

I do admire stitchers who work on black fabric, never been brave enough to do it myself.

Justine said...

You had a great month! I'm sworn off SALs for now as I am burnt out after signing up for so many, but I'm looking forward to following your progress and all of the other Zodiac stitchers too. I don't know any Librans in real life (well not that I know of anyway!)

Leonore Winterer said...

Lovely smalls, awesome Halloween finish, and a great start on Virgo! I love Satsuma Street's designs and will have to stitch at least a few of those Zodiacs at some point as well.

The Crafty Princess said...

Big love for all your smalls! I'm really looking forward to your progression through all the zodiac SAL pieces. I love the colours in Virgo.
xo Alicia

Sheryl said...

I do like all these pretty designs, especially the Holly Knot and the Lacy Diamond. Marvellous framed Halloween piece.

Mary's Thread said...

It's all gorgeous! So fun to see all your beautiful work!